Saturday, May 24, 2008

RSS and Bloglines

When I first heard about RSS feeds, I created a bloglines account. Then I created another account when it was yet another topic of discussion at a previous job. I got very excited about adding different interesting feeds such as news, health, travel, and library information. However, over time, I noticed that I did not take the time to logon to my bloglines and have time to read all the feeds that were coming in. The few times I have gone to read, I have looked up health news and other news and it has been very interesting and informative BUT I tend to start feeling overwhelmed by the amount of information I am unable to read. So, the conclusion is that I haven't used bloglines much. If I could add the RSS feeds to another site that I already go to, I might look at it more. I like the idea of Mimi's one stop shop when online. Also, if we had it on the library webpage, that would be helpful.