Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's already November

My favorite thing about selection lists is to read titles that make me chuckle out loud... Here's a few: "The Better to Eat You With..." it's about fear in the animal world. Very clever I have to say... Here's a topic I just wasn't expecting to see: "Raising Steaks". This one is what the title says. The subtitle clarifies:" The Life and Times of American Beef". It's kind of like the book, I think it was called Rembrandt's Nose or something. Really? Is anyone going to want to read it?? I mean mostly people would want to eat a steak, not read about it... Oh well, who knows, maybe it really is something. I don't think I will find out though...

OKAY, I keep reading the titles and now there is a book on Hamburger, Pancake, and Pizza with the subtitle of "A Global History". And I thought the beef book was bad...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you check OCLC or the Library of Congress, you will see that there is no book titled "Hamburger, Pancake and Pizza," as you state in your above post. There are three different books, each subtitled "A Global History." It seems to me that any "librarian" would have known this and any honest reviewer would have examined them before commenting about them...

Andrew F. Smith, author, Hamburger: A Global History

Suvi aka CFL said...

Wow, I realize that you really can't post anything publicly anywhere without accidentally offending someone. This is why I don't blog. I try to be funny and then I'm just accused of being stupid. It is very very very sad.